Happy Cinco de Mermaids!
We made a special concoction for this occasion: Blue Lagoon Lemonade! And we’d love to share it with you! So grab your girls and a glass- let the poolside giggles begin.
Blue Lagoon Lemonade
-1/2 cup white sugar (mix w/ 1/2 cup water)
-3 cups water
-Blue & Green food coloring
-Blue & Pink Sugar Crystals
-Mixing Jar (Fish bowl)
1. Heat 1/2 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan, on medium heat until the sugar dissolves. This will be the base of your lemonade!
2. If you have a juicer or a lemon squeezer, either will work– you need 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice! We peeled and juiced 6 lemons, which created just enough lemonade to fill a 64 oz. mason jar.
3. The remaining lemon can be thinly sliced into circles for decoration inside your mixing jar!
3. Combine the freshly squeezed lemon juice and the sugar base in your mixing jar. Add 3 cups of water– stir well!
4. Add blue & green food coloring to create the color you desire! We added 1 drop of blue, along with 1/2 drop of green dye– we are obsessed with the turquoise lagoon color it made!
5. Wet the rim of each glass and dip in the colored sugar crystals of your choice (we love the pink and blue combo!).
6. Pour over ice. We added one lemon wedge and a single Swedish Fish as the final touches!
7. Cheers, mermaids!